During the University’s Alumni Reunion Weekend on July 12, 2014, Clarkson held a dedication ceremony to name the new field off the access road, Neugold Field. Generously sponsored by Douglas ’82 and Judy Neugold, the field is named in memory of Doug’s father Ron “Monk” ’52 and in honor of Doug’s mother, Dolores “Bo” Neugold. Ron Neugold ’52 was a highly contributing member of every community that he was a part of, including the Clarkson community, where he was a chemical engineering student, an officer of Sigma Delta fraternity and captain of the last football team in 1952. Left-to-right in bottom photo: Ron Neugold, Kathleen (Neugold) Shaffer, John Shaffer, Doug Neugold ’82, Dolores Neugold, Paul Relle, Tracy (Neugold) Relle, Judy Neugold.
Neugold Field is expected to be completed and ready for use by the 2015 season. The field will serve as the home turf for the Golden Knights. It is located directly off of Maple Street and next to the baseball and softball fields.